Upgrading B&G devices on a network with a Zeus², Zeus3
or Vulcan chartplotter.
To perform any Software Update on a B&G device (eg VHF, HV display, Triton display, 3G/4G radar) using the SWUP file and either a Zeus²/Zeus3 MFD or Vulcan, the procedure is as follows:
1. Download the software for your device and unzip the file if applicable.
2. Save the “product.swup” file to the root menu of a Media card.
3. Before commencing make sure all products you wish to update are connected to the NMEA 2000 network and are powered on.
4. Insert the MicroSD card into the card reader of a B&G Zeus² MFD or Vulcan.
5. Select the Files menu from your home screen (as shown below).
6. Select the memory card then select the Software file for the product being updated. For example as shown in the image, the V50 software file is loaded on the MicroSD card.
7. Select the Upgrade Option
8. Select Start upgrade (multiple products can be selected, for example you can select all HV Displays at once so that all of them are updated at the same time)
9. The Upgrade bar will show the progress of the upgrade
10. Wait for the Upgrade Complete dialog to appear
The product is now updated to the latest software.