Zeus³ Glass Helm Software Update
B&G are pleased to announce a software patch for the Zeus and Vulcan range of multifunction displays following the release of 18.3 in January. This new release incorporates various improvements and fixes which were identified by our internal SQA teams and customer feedback since the release.
Improvements and Fixes
· WiFi-1 Module firmware
o The B&G 18.3 software contained a firmware update for the WiFi-1 module which under certain conditions could cause the module to stop responding. This has been resolved and the latest patch checks the external WiFi-1 module before carrying out any updates to see if update is required.
· “No Radar” message
o In limited situations a connected Radar would report “No Radar” upon power up leaving the radar inoperable. This has been resolved.
Note: Any existing WIFI-1 module which is unresponsive, please contact your local Navico Service team.
The latest software version is available to download from this page or direct from an MFD connected to the internet.
B&G are pleased to announce the release of the latest update for the Zeus3 Glass Helm Series. This new release incorporates several new features and various improvements and fixes.
C-Map Embark Sync
It is now possible for MFDs to synchronise Waypoints, Routes and Tracks with the C-Map Embark passage planner app available on iOS and Android. This allows points of interest along with pre-prepared routes to be transferred to your MFD from the comfort of home.
Dual Mode WiFi
It is now possible for compatible MFDs with built-in WiFi to simultaneously connect to the Internet and your mobile device. This allows Navico’s Link app to be used while the MFD is connected to the Internet.
Menu and Tool Icon Changes
The Chart Menu has changed to a simpler layout to make it easier to find the desired setting. Along with the change to the Chart Menu, the ForwardScan menu has also been changed.
In addition to the Menu Changes, the “Files” tool user system has been renamed to “Storage” allowing direct access to Waypoints, Sonar Uploads and Transfers.
* Added support for the new NMEA2000® MOB PGN
- No change to how MOB feature operates today, but will now trigger with a range of external devices using NMEA2000®
* New progress bar added to show progress when calculating a route with Navionics Dock-2-Dock Auto-Routing feature.
* Fuel Remaining source is correctly stored during power cycles
* Fix for some missing tide stations with Navionics charts
* Instrument panel not working when system language is set to Greek
B&G are pleased to announce the release of the latest update for the Zeus3 Glass Helm.
New Software Naming Convention
Previously software RTM (release to market) version numbers were device specific e.g. a Vulcan 7 could be have a version number of 4.0 while a Zeus² could have a version number of 7.0 even though the software is from the same feature stream This causes confusion as to what products have what features.
• From now on, all the software from the same feature stream will have the same version number irrespective of model
• The new version number is made of the Year and the sequential release number in that year. In this case for this version,18.2 means that it is the second release for 2018.
• Update file names will have the new Version number
Display Text Message
Compatible MFDs that have built in Bluetooth can now pair with a mobile phone and allow text messages to be displayed on the MFD.
Depending on the type of phone, other functionality may be available:
Fixes and Improvements
- Added support for Fusion Radios via Ethernet communications
- An option is now available for a user to select when they would like to receive the next notification for software updates
- Phantom Loran position can be viewed in the instrument panel
- Fix for RMC sentence missing time stamp
- Radar overlay transparency control not working with Insight charts
- Missing voltage setting in Auto pilot setup
|Last Updated||April 18, 2019|