Vulcan 9 Software Update
B&G are pleased to announce the release of the latest update for the Vulcan 9. This new release incorporates several new features and various improvements and fixes.
The Vulcan range of MFDs now support the Advanced Wind Plot which was previously only available on the Zeus range of MFDs.
WindPlot is a special type of Time Plot, specifically designed to help understand recent changes in wind speed and direction. The changes to WindPlot are aimed at providing users with a clearer view of wind trends, easier comparison of True Wind Speed (TWS) to True Wind Direction (TWD) and better display in small panels for use alongside charts, RacePanel or SailSteer features. Read Mark Chisnell's blog on using Advanced Windplot for hints and tips to help you get the best from the display.
C-Map Embark Sync
It is now possible for MFDs to synchronise Waypoints, Routes and Tracks with the C-Map Embark passage planner app available on iOS and Android. This allows points of interest along with pre-prepared routes to be transferred to your MFD from the comfort of home.
Dual Mode WiFi
It is now possible for compatible MFDs with built-in WiFi to simultaneously connect to the Internet and your mobile device. This allows Navico’s Link app to be used while the MFD is connected to the Internet.
Menu and Tool Icon Changes
The Chart Menu has changed to a simpler layout to make it easier to find the desired setting. Along with the change to the Chart Menu, the ForwardScan menu has also been changed.
In addition to the Menu Changes, the “Files” tool user system has been renamed to “Storage” allowing direct access to Waypoints, Sonar Uploads and Transfers.
* Added support for the new NMEA2000® MOB PGN
- No change to how MOB feature operates today, but will now trigger with a range of external devices using NMEA2000®
* New progress bar added to show progress when calculating a route with Navionics Dock-2-Dock Auto-Routing feature.
* Fuel Remaining source is correctly stored during power cycles
* Fix for some missing tide stations with Navionics charts
* Instrument panel not working when system language is set to Greek
B&G are pleased to announce the release of the latest update for the Vulcan 9.
New Software Naming Convention
Previously software RTM (release to market) version numbers were device specific e.g. a Vulcan 7 could be have a version number of 4.0 while a Zeus² could have a version number of 7.0 even though the software is from the same feature stream This causes confusion as to what products have what features.
• From now on, all the software from the same feature stream will have the same version number irrespective of model
• The new version number is made of the Year and the sequential release number in that year. In this case for this version,18.2 means that it is the second release for 2018.
• Update file names will have the new Version number
Display Text Message
Compatible MFDs that have built in Bluetooth can now pair with a mobile phone and allow text messages to be displayed on the MFD.
Depending on the type of phone, other functionality may be available:
Fixes and Improvements
- Added support for Fusion Radios via Ethernet communications
- An option is now available for a user to select when they would like to receive the next notification for software updates
- Phantom Loran position can be viewed in the instrument panel
- Fix for RMC sentence missing time stamp
- Radar overlay transparency control not working with Insight charts
- Missing voltage setting in Auto pilot setup
B&G are pleased to announce the release of a new software update which includes new features for Zeus3, Zeus2 and Vulcan product ranges.
These exciting new features include:
C-MAP Navigation Palette
Autorouting/Easy Routing (now available in USA)
It is now very simple for the user to register their device with Navico. They are prompted to do so at startup. It is also possible by selecting the register option in the System settings dialog. Registration can be done:
- From the device when connected to the internet
- From a smart device with internet access
C-MAP Navigation Palette
We have made enhancements to the C-MAP chart presentation, with the introduction of a new palette that closely matches several common hydrographic office presentations.
AutoRouting & Easy routing
Navionics’ Dock-to-Dock AutoRouting and C-MAP’s Easy Routing features are now available for use in US territorial waters. Simply select your start and end waypoints and the system will calculate the quickest route based on your boat’s size and draft, avoiding hazards, shoals and dangers (compatible C-Map or Navionics chart card required)
- The ability to adjust the frequency of the software update notification dialogue box
- Calibration options have been aligned to match the Instrument Options, i.e. access through Calibration under Network Settings. (image below goes with this line)
- Magnetic Variation issue on the Radar PPI screen when using the Compass Rose
- AIS VDO / VDM sentences not been sent correctly over Wi-Fi to external Apps.
- Navionics® Sonar chart live slow down
B&G are pleased to announce new software for the Vulcan range of multifunction displays. This new release incorporates several improvements and fixes.
• Performance increased and optimizations - this release contains several performance enhancements that can be seen in a smoother user experience compared to previous versions especially around chart redraw speeds and moving between pages.
• Added the ability to enable WASS and EGNOS features from the internal GPS on the Vulcan 9” MFD.
• An issue has been found and resolved with the internal Wi-Fi that could lead to intermittent connections when connected to a Wi-Fi hot spot.
• Tide Station search not working when system language was set to Non-English (e.g. French)
Users that use Navionics SonarChart Live feature may experience the chart feature slow down over time due to extended logging. We are working hard with the chart manufacturer to resolve this.
B&G are pleased to announce new software for the B&G Vulcan range of multifunction displays. This new release incorporates some great new features and improvements including:
- New Control bar User Interface
- Port / Starboard Waypoint Rounding Indication
- Coloured Tracks based on data
- New Feature Unlock. Enhanced features available from the GoFree shop
New Control Bar
There is a new control bar located down the left hand side of the screen. The control bar will show controls for the following if the relevant products are in the system:
- Autopilot: Autopilot controls. Visible if an Autopilot computer is connected
- Audio: Audio server controls. Visible if there is a compatible audio server on the network
Autopilot control bar
Autopilot controls are now accessed from the new control bar. The autopilot control is visible if a B&G autopilot computer is on the NMEA 2000 network.
Selecting the autopilot control button will expand to reveal the autopilot controller, showing the active mode, heading, rudder and various steering information depending on active autopilot mode. The autopilot indicator remains on the status bar.
Audio control bar
The audio control bar is available when compatible, active audio server is on the NMEA 2000 network.
Select Audio in the control bar to open the audio controller. Select the Audio source button and then select the audio source.
Note: The number of sources depends on the active audio server
Mark Rounding Indicators
To enable quick and easy identification of mark rounding directions when racing the latest update allows users to set a specific course as a race, which then automatically applies mark rounding directions based on the relative angle between legs of the course. These angles can be edited by the user to match those provided by the race committee, if different.
The system can now dynamically change the colour of a track based on a source of data.
Track colour can be based on the following data sources (if available):-
- SOG (Boat Speed over ground)
- STW (Boat speed though water)
- Wind Speed (True wind speed)
- Wind Speed Apparent (Apparent Wind Speed)
- VMG (Velocity Made Good)
- Polar Performance
The colour scale will use red to show the lowest value and green for the highest with the mean value shown in yellow.
Enable Colour Tracks using the option in the side menu under Chart Options. Once turned on the unit provides the ability to set the data parameters.
New Feature Unlock
Additional functionality and features can now be purchased and can be unlocked on the Multifunction Display using the new Feature Unlock menu item under Settings. (This is only visible when a compatible device is connected)
- Changed default C-MAP depth palette to “Depth Shading”
- Screen shot files are now named with Date and Time e.g Screenshot_2017-07-06_05.01.12.png.
- Touch calibration logs are now sent with service assistant reports
- Rotary knob push to toggle between control of settings such as Gain on Sonar and Radar has been fixed
- East/West identifier missing from WPTs when cord sys is set to Degrees / Minutes / Seconds
- Dock to Dock out side of the USA: A fix has been implemented for the feature not working on some units with certain Navionics charts in Europe.
- Dock to Dock and Autorouting out side of the USA: This feature is now Geo-fenced on all SKU’s and will not to work within U.S. Waters
- High voltage alarm: Some customers have reported High Voltage alarms even though the vessels voltage is normal.
- A power control fix has been implemented to work with Fusion MS-BB300 radios.
|Last Updated||January 31, 2019|