V90 & V90S VHF Radio Software update
New software: V90 and V90S v3.31
New software for the V90 and V90S VHF radio is now available. This release incorporates fixes/improvements as follows:
V90 and V90S:
• ‘Nautical’ units always used and could not be changed
• Resolved a Dual Watch bug
Plus various other bug fixes and improvements
• Fixed an issue with a high N2K BUS load when Internal GPS is selected causing N2K BUS issues and unable to program via N2K
• Improved the ‘satellite status’ reported by the radios internal GPS
Plus various other bug fixes and improvements.
- Download the software for your device (see below) to a local drive on your computer.
- Save the V90 / V90S SWUP file to the root folder of a microSD card so it can be uploaded via your B&G MFD to the radio:
- Ensure the V90 / V90S is powered ON and is connected to your B&G MFD via the NMEA 2000 network.
- Additional instruction for V90S model only:
- To perform this update, you need to ensure the radio’s GPS Source is NOT set to Internal. Ensure the GPS Source is set to either NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000:
- On the radio handset, press and hold: CALL/MENU
- Select: DATA/SOURCE, > GPS, > GPS SOURCE, > NMEA 2000
- Insert the MicroSD card into the card reader of a B&G Zeus MFD or Vulcan. Select Storage from your home screen menu:
- Select the memory card then select the V90 / V90S software file:
- Select the software file:
- Select the Upgrade option:
- Select Start upgrade:
- The Progress bar will show the progress of the upgrade:
- When the Upgrade Complete dialog appears, select OK:
- Power down and restart the radio.
- Depending on the radio’s previous SW version, the radio may request the handset be upgraded. Press OK to upgrade the handset.
|Last Updated||August 16, 2019|